Terms of Service
VEGSPEEDDATE.COM TERMS OF SERVICE
By using our website or participating in events organised by VegSpeedDate.com, you agree to the following terms of service. You will be required to expressly consent to these terms when ordering tickets. Please carefully review the following and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Eligibility, Disclosure of Personal Information and Confidentiality
- You affirm that you are of the age of majority in the jurisdiction where the event takes place, and of the age eligibility range stated in the event description.
- You affirm that any information you provide to VegSpeedDate.com or other event attendees will be truthful. Any information you decide to share with other attendees is provided at your own risk. Participation under false pretense is strictly prohibited. False pretense includes participating for any purpose other than finding like-minded veg*n dating and/or friendship connections; this includes any business or marketing purpose.
- You agree to refrain from requesting other participants’ contact information during the event. The only permitted way of obtaining others’ contact information is via the matching process.
- You agree to keep confidential all communication between yourself and VegSpeedDate.com, and between yourself and any other event attendees, as well as any documents (hard copy or electronic) related to the event, including match forms. You agree not to disclose match forms, names, email addresses, or any other personal information about other event attendees to anyone.
- You agree not to take, disclose, or disseminate photographs, audio recordings, or video recordings of any VegSpeedDate.com event and/or any event attendees without our prior, express permission.
The Matching Process
- You give us permission to include your first name on match forms that will be made available to other event attendees. If multiple participants have the same first name, you give us permission to include your last initial, and up to three further letters of your last name (if necessary) in order to distinguish you from others on the match forms. You give us permission to disseminate such match forms in hard copy and/or electronically to other attendees and to the event host (the party who hosts the event on behalf of VegSpeedDate.com).
- It is your responsibility to submit your completed match form to us according to instructions provided to you and by the stipulated deadline. If you fail to submit your match form as directed then you forfeit participation in the matching process.
- If you indicate ‘yes’ on a match form next to the name of another event attendee, you are thereby giving us permission to share your name (first name and last initial) and email address with that person if they also indicate ‘yes’ next to your name on their respective match form. The email address we will share is the ticket holder email address you type into the ticket order form when you purchase your ticket. We will not share your email address with any other event attendees without your permission.
- You acknowledge that VegSpeedDate.com does not represent or guarantee that all attendees will be matched, nor that any matches we may facilitate will result in a follow-up communication from the other attendee, a date, relationship, or any other outcome.
Conduct and Responsibility Related to Event Participation
- You agree to obey all applicable laws while attending VegSpeedDate.com events, and while engaging in any related communication or interaction with other attendees.
- Participation in VegSpeedDate.com events is solely at your own risk. You agree to release VegSpeedDate.com from all liability relating to your participation, including for any incident, accident, or injury, and including for actions or omissions of any third parties such as the venue where the event is held and contracted event hosts. You agree not to initiate any claim, arbitration, or litigation against VegSpeedDate.com arising from event participation.
Communication and Interaction with Other Participants
- You acknowledge that all decisions to communicate or interact with other attendees – including matches – in person or electronically, during and after the event, are entirely your own.
- You acknowledge that VegSpeedDate.com does not screen attendees and you assume all responsibility and risk relating to meeting other attendees, both during our events and subsequently. We do not guarantee or verify that other attendees provide you with full or truthful information. You agree that we hold no responsibility for any interaction with other attendees that may arise from your participation in our events and/or any match that may result.
- You agree to respect the decision of any event attendee who, at any time, decides not to communicate or interact with you. You agree not to pursue any communication, interaction, or other action (including but not limited to any form of retribution or disclosure to third parties) with respect to any such attendee, regardless of whether such attendee previously indicated ‘yes’ on their match form and regardless of what personal information such attendee agreed to provide you.
- You agree not to communicate or interact with other attendees for any purpose other than finding potential dating and/or friendship connections. It is strictly prohibited to participate in Veg Speed Date events and/or to obtain information about event participants for any other purpose, including but not limited to market research or any other marketing or business activity.
Cancellation, Non-Participation and Refunds
- VegSpeedDate.com reserves the right to cancel your registration, refuse you admission, remove you from an event, or revoke your account on VegSpeedDate.com, for any reason, including but not limited to your arriving late to an event, participating under false pretense, or acting in any way we determine to be unacceptable and/or to prejudice the enjoyment or safety of other attendees, whether before, during, or after an event, or in relation to your conduct regarding matches we facilitate. Event hosts and venue staff may exercise these rights on our behalf.
- Ticket purchases for VegSpeedDate.com events are final. Tickets may be transferable at the sole discretion of VegSpeedDate.com and at minimum 5 business days in advance of the event. There will be no refunds (full or partial) for non-participation, late arrival, failure to complete and submit match forms, or in cases of frustration or force majeure. However, we will issue refunds for any event that is cancelled by VegSpeedDate.com.
Other Legal Conditions
- All disputes arising out of or in connection with your participation in VegSpeedDate.com and its events, or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from this participation, will be finally resolved by arbitration under the Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc. The Seat of Arbitration will be Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The language of the arbitration will be English.
- You acknowledge that these terms and conditions may be modified or supplemented at any time, and you agree to respect and be bound by the version current as of the date of the event.